Tuesday 10 June 2014

Introduction and A to Z Survey!

Hi-diddly-ho neighbourino!


Welcome to my blog! My name is Nora, I'm 22 years old (ok, this is starting to sound like one of those first day of kindergarten introductions...), and I study biology at university. I also love to read (duh), so I thought I'd start this blog for funsies :).

This is not, at least for now, a book review blog. This is simply a place where I can participate in reading challenges, join in any reindeer games reading events (readathons etc.), do tags, participate in memes, do weekly wrap ups, etc. Pretty much anything I feel like doing :).

I also have 4 pet rats that I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot of if you decide to stick around. Their names are incredibly complex and imaginative.
The boys: Marshmellow (I know that's not how you spell it) and Skittles.
The girls: Kit-Kat and Muffin.

Alright then. Survey time!

This was created by Jamie over at The Perpetual Page-Turner!
Thank you so much for creating this!

All I have to do is answer all these awesome questions. Here we go!

Author you've read the most books from:
J.K. Rowling. All seven Harry Potter books and the three school/library books.

Best sequel ever:
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. <3

Currently reading:
Gone by Michael Grant.

Drink of choice while reading:
I'm not a big tea or coffee person, so it would all depend on the weather. 
Something fruity with ice cubes for summer, and probably hot chocolate for winter.

E-Reader or physical book:
Physical! E-readers are practical, but I much prefer to own and read a physical book.

Fictional character you probably would have actually dated in high school:
Hmmm... I would probably be attracted to Fred or George Weasley from Harry Potter, but I think they'd probably be too popular to notice me. 

 Glad you gave this book a chance:
Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James. I thought I'd hate this trilogy, but I absolutely loved it!

Hidden gem book:
Instinct by Ben Kay. I really liked this book; not many people seem to have heard of it though. A random find at the airport! 

Important moment in your reading life:
The day my dad bought me Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. I was about 7 years old, and had just started learning English (I'm Norwegian, but I've gone to British schools for almost all of my life). I didn't get very far at the time, but I picked it up again about a year and a half later. Thanks dad!

Just finished:
Saga, Volume 3 by Brian K, Vaughan and Fiona Staples. I'm addicted to these graphic novels!

Kinds of books you won't read:
I'll try most anything, but I have a few genres I generally avoid. I'm not into mystery books (especially adult ones), and I'm a complete wimp hen it comes to horror.

Longest book you've read:
I won't count The Stand by Stephen King because I listened to that. It's about 1440 pages long. A close second though is World Without End by Ken Follet at 1237 pages.

Major book hangover because of:
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. All the feels right there.

Number of bookcases you own:
Only one for now. But my TBR pile is on the floor next to it :P.

One book you have read multiple times:
Any of the Harry Potter books.

Preferred place to read:
I usually read on my couch, or in bed. But I love to read outside in gorgeous weather.

Quote that inspires you/gives you all the feels from a book you've read:
"There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other, and knocking out a twelve-foot mountain troll is one of them."
-J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

Reading regret:
Not checking out Twilight when everyone else was talking about it. 

Series you started and need to finish (all books are out in series):
The Gone series by Michael Grant. I only just started it, but I own a bunch of them.

Three of your all time favourite books:
1. All the Harry Potter books (I bet you couldn't have guessed that :P)
2. The Song of Ice and Fire series.
3. The Stand by Stephen King.

Unapologetic fangirl for:
If you don't know the answer to this one by now, you really haven't been paying attention...
HARRY POTTER!

Very excited for this release more than all the others:
The Winds of Winter by George R.R. Martin!!

Worst bookish habit:
Probably the need to check how long a book is before I start reading it...

X marks the spot: start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
The Luxe by Anna Godbersen.

Your latest book purchase:
The Help by Kathryn Stockett. Found this at a charity sale. I haven't read it yet but I loved the movie!

Zzz-snatcher book (last book that kept you up way late):
I believe one of the Fifty Shades books had me reading all night not very long ago.


And there you go! I hope this introduction post was a good start to you guys getting to know me :).
Can't wait to make some friends!
See you all later!

Toodles :)
Nora




No comments:

Post a Comment